Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Fall Y'all!

My second favorite month is here!! (My most favorite is December of course!)  It's definitely going to be a busy month for me!  I start my new job as a Logistics Analyst Oct 19th and Steven and I are preparing for our move down to Richmond!  I love moving and change and interior design and decorating!  I cannot wait to find our new place.  We want to have three bedrooms so we can have more space and keep one room as our "eBay room."  Steven plans to eBay full time down there which is great because there are so so many thrift stores in the area.   I plan on still doing eBay on the side, thrifting after work and weekends.  My goal is to list about 25 items a week.

Anyways, about September, let's talk about my $3000+ profit!!  All together I sold 153 items and made a profit of $3,136.41.  I was bummed when a $150 coat was being returned, but I relisted it today and it sold within minutes.  Here is what my profit breakdown looks like:

My profit is on the rise! Last month I made almost exactly (a few cents off) $1000 less than this month.  And in July, I was only just over $1000 total profit.  At this rate, I'll be a millionaire in no time ;P

Here are a few of the items I have sold in September:

Mezon Tank
Never heard of this company but this top felt like great quality and after looking them up I found they are handmade in the US and are over $100!
Paid: $3.38
Sold: $29.99

J.McLaughlin Coat
(Originally sold for $100 but I gave the buyer a hefty discount because I noticed some flaws while packaging)
Paid: $8
Sold: $50

Duluth Hiking Pants
Paid: $2.50
Sold: $39.99 + $6.35 S&H

Lucky Brand Jeans
Paid: $11.13
Sold: $24.99 + $6.35 S&H

J.Jill Tunic
Paid: $4
Sold: $39.99

Under Armour Pants
Paid: $5
Sold: $19.99 + $6.35 S&H

J.Crew Coat
Paid: $8.50
Sold: $149.99

J. Crew Blouse
Paid: $4
Sold: $49.99

TSE Cashmere Coat
Paid: $10
Sold: $199.99

Eileen Fisher Dress
Paid: $8
Sold: $69.99

I also wanted to mention one of Steven's sales that had my jaw to the floor.  He picked up a Ralph Lauren coat at goodwill for $15.  We both thought the coat would bring in around $100.  After he did some research, he realized he stood to make a lot more so he priced the coat at $700 obo. Offers started rolling in immediately and he accepted an offer of $600 within a week.

Now that I've talked about September sales, I want to talk about October.  I know it's only been one day, well not even one day, but I've already made about $188!  I'll try to keep you as updated as I can during the move.


7 comments:

  1. What an awesome month for you! I'm inspired. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your numbers are AMAZING! I wish I was on your level (although Social Security Disability would have a little problem with me). Question: how long does it take for your items to typically sell? There might not be a typical....just wondering if you wait a while to get the optimal price, if you lower your prices as time goes or if you find such good stuff that it sells for a great price quickly?
    You've inspired me to work harder. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It really depends on my items and prices - I usually price higher than most of the completed listings of similar items. Some items will sell in minutes, my coats are going really fast now. But, some will take months. I probably have about 30 things that are three months old, and a couple that are from as early as May. I usually don't go in and lower the prices, but when things are really slow I will make a sale that will last a few days or so.

      Delete
  3. Awesome sales!! I love finding good Ralph Lauren, not polo shirts which I quit buying, but coats and sweaters are great. I'm going to go list now, you got me motivated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There are some Ralph Lauren items that are gold mines and some that don't sell for anything, it's weird how there can be so much variance in one brand!

      Delete
  4. So glad I found your blog and instagram as I try to navigate eBay, selling clothes. Julie, what is the name of your store? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad I found your blog and instagram as I try to navigate eBay, selling clothes. Julie, what is the name of your store? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete