Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Saturdays are for Yard Sales

It's finally that time of year, the best time of the year, yard sale season!  I love finding items to resell on eBay (and for myself!) because they are normally a lot cheaper than the local thrift stores.  Most of the time I can get clothing items for around $1, and today I even scored a like-new pair of KEEN sandals for $1!  For those of you who don't know about KEEN footwear, you should definitely keep an eye out for them, a used pair in good condition can easily fetch you $50 on eBay.

These are the KEEN shoes I picked up!

When I am sourcing yard sales I will normally pick up things I wouldn't ever bat an eye at at the goodwill, but because I can get a pair of Hollister jeans for $1, I figure I can make some kind of profit from them, and if not I didn't invest too much.

Some of the yard sales today, each item was $1, and a lot was from American Eagle!

For those of you who don't know, I just started living off my eBay income this year.  I quit both my part time jobs and started focusing more on eBay.  I haven't been able to make as much as I wanted because I still had a class to finish.  Class is ending in less than a week (yay!), so I no longer have that excuse.  It's finally time for me to turn my second bedroom into an eBay room and start working towards my goal of making $1000/week.  With all of this income I have been receiving with eBay, I must start tracking my profits better.  I am looking into purchasing the Easy Auctions Tracker spreadsheet so I will know exactly how much I make and will be able to track mileage.  This spreadsheet extracts everything from eBay and lets you know your profit or loss (but, hopefully not) using all the fees and shipping costs.  I currently use an Excel sheet that I made, it seems that each item is off by a little, never more than a dollar, but I would like to be as accurate as possible when tax time comes around.  I'm new to being a business owner and am looking forward to getting some tips from the small business center in Salisbury.


No comments:

Post a Comment