Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Nearing the End of June

My favorite month is almost over!  I have made some great changes to my business and I am so proud of myself!  I have mastered the perfect organization for me (just need to get more shelving).  And I have been listing more than ever!  My only setback this month has been my car (it hasn't been working for a week or two now).  Luckily my family has been giving me rides to the thrift shop.

As far as my organization, as soon as I list an item I give it a number and stick it in a padded flat rate envelope.  Then I organize the envelopes into groups of 20 and put them in an Ikea bag on my shelving unit.  Organization is really key when running your own business.  I find that whenever I do become even the slightest bit unorganized (which happens more than I'd like to admit) I get panicky and frantic and so overwhelmed I won't list anything until I tidy up again.  Prior to my new organization, I would keep everything on my shelves and would have to look through almost a hundred items before I found the one I was looking for.  Now, in the mornings before I go to the post office, I know right where to look for my item, put the packing slip in the package, close it up, and slap a label on it, easy peasy!


So far this month, I've sold 117 items!  I believe that is a personal record for me!  I have made over $3000 in sales and about $2000 in profit.  My goal is to list 200 things in July, I already have 134 items listed, so this will bring me to about 330 items.  (This is where my math degree comes in handy haha!)  My average profit is about $17 and my sell-through rate is about 50%, so if I meet my goal I should make about $2800 in July.  If I continue that way, in August I will be making over $3000!


Here are a few of my flips from June:

Chico's Top
Paid: $5
Sold: $19.99 + $6.35 S&H


JAG Jeans
Paid: $6.36
Sold: $22.49+ $6.35 S&H


VS Bathing Suit
Paid: $5
Sold: $44.99 + $6.35 S&H


7 for all Mankind Jeans
Paid: $6.36
Sold: $29.99 + $6.35 S&H


Nightmare Before Christmas Jersey (My sister, Becca, spotted this one!)
Paid: $4
Sold: $19.99 + $6.35 S&H


ECOTE Top
Paid: $3
Sold: $29.99


I'll update you at the very end of June with some, hopefully higher, profits!  


2 comments:

  1. Wow! Your sales are amazing! Like you, I get frantic and must organize everything before I can list more.
    My only question: why do you go to the post office? Not going to the post office anymore has saved me so much time and money. Just wondering.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sometimes I schedule post office pick ups, but I'm very forgetful :( Luckily, my post office is less than a mile away and sometimes, if everything fits in a backpack, I like to just walk there to get some fresh air.

      Delete